So I had a couple of ideas in the works for some halloween fun this weekend. I completed two projects, I do have to say that neither one turned out exactly how envisioned but I still think they are cute in their own way. I consider the two completed ones experimental and hopefully will only make them better from here on out with what I learned. I am one of those people that hates taking apart my work, so I usually just freeform it til I can accept the finished project 🙂
Here is the Skull and Crossbones (flag, it’s more like a tablerunner right now, hence the experimental) that I had mentioned a couple of days ago. I think it is still cute and funky and it makes a wonderful scrap yarn buster. Each row takes up about 4 yards of yarn, so this project is a great one for using up those pesky little balls of yarn that always seem to be floating around. Hehe, I know, it is that sort of project that one person will look at it and think “Omg for hideous!” and then another will look at it and think “That’s pretty awesome” To each his own you know?!? I like it even though it turned out half as tall as I was looking for. This is also my first tapestry pattern I designed and only my third or fourth tapestry project. Well enough about that project.
I also created a Pumpkin Plushie or toy as you may call it. I did not think out my colors very well, but it is cute in a weird way. I will post pictures tomorrow of that one. I think I will offer it as a free pattern. With the right colors it will be adorable and so super easy to make 🙂
Well now that I have filled you in on my “gone wrong” projects this weekend, I think I am going to head back to the drawing board and see what else I can create. I only have a couple more days of completely free time before starting my job at the yarn mill on Wednesday so I am thinking I had best make the most of it!